Friday, September 28, 2012

Yummy!

On Monday after a much need nap, I got up and decided to try out my mothers crock pot that she let me barrow.  I've always enjoyed cooking, but i've never actually used a crock pot before.  I've always heard that you can throw basically anything inside so how hard could it be?  Before I started I decided to look up a few recipes on Instagram.  What I found what something called "Cream Cheese Chicken Chili." Since I had all the needed ingredients, I decided to give it a whirl.

Ingredients:
2 frozen chicken breasts
1 can rotel tomatoes
1 can of corn
1 can of black beans
1 pkg og ranch seasoning mix
1 T cumin
1 T onion powder
1 T chili powder
1 8-oz pkg of cream cheese

After placing all ingredients in the bottom of the crock pot I let it cook on low for 4-6 hours.  Afterward about 5 and a half hours I gave it a stir, pulled apart the chicken, and wahlah! 
IMG_5469.JPG.jpg

Not going to lie, this was probably one of the best meals I have ever prepared and was so proud of myself afterward.  This made a ton of food and my roommates loved it.  I can't wait till it gets cold outside and I can make this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment